Despite being in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons, marijuana is widely gaining acceptance globally since it’s perceived to have medical benefits. However, it’s not legal in some parts of the world.
Most users prefer to use it in its natural state and will go the extra mile to achieve their goal. On the bright side, many natural herbs can work in synergy with cannabis and impart some beneficial effects.
Always carry due diligence to avoid being on the wrong side of the law before buying the herb.
Before planning on mixing different herbs with Cannabis, some key pointers determine the best cannabis strains for your mixes. Here’s what you should know:
Factors That Determine the Best Cannabis Strains
Blindly mixing cannabis strains will not always yield results that you’ll be proud of. On the contrary, it might only go to waste because the result may not exceed your expectations.
Here are the key factors that should guide you towards exceptional cannabis combinations;
- The genetic structure- Bringing together each strain’s unique genetic makeup unleashes an incredible experience for the user.
- Profiles of their Cannabinoids– This refers to how active or concentrated cannabinoids are. Considering this factor enables you to proceed with moderation to avoid an overdose.
- Terpenes blend– They work harmoniously to produce the incomparable taste and smell that you relish.
5 Best Natural Herbs for Your Cannabis Mix
Cannabis tastes better and can be more effective when mixed and blended with a variety of natural herbs. Here are some of them;
This is a tree that grows specifically in the Asian parts of Thailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia. Its leaves are used for both medicinal purposes and as leisurely drugs. In case you’re wondering where to buy Kratom near me, it’s sold in most clinics worldwide in various forms. There are many conventional ways of consuming Kratom including;
- Brewed and taken as a tea
- Grinding and smoking as you would Marijuana and Tobacco.
According to experts, mixing Kratom with Cannabis works best when you carefully choose the strains. The best way to consume both is- have Kratom first and, after about an hour, smoke Cannabis. This combination can help in the alleviation of anxiety and pain.
Ashwagandha is a natural herb that has proven to be harmless and beneficial at the same time. If you’re trying out for the first time, mix 75% Cannabis and 25% Ashwagandha then vape it to avoid combustive effects. It’s of Indian origin and has anti-depressant and anti-anxiety properties, which have made it rise in terms of popularity. It particularly goes well with the skittles strain.
Here are the effects it has on your system;
- Help manage stress– Your body endures so much daily and has a lot to juggle. This wears you off, and Ashwagandha is there to help.
- Reduces blood sugar levels– People living with or without diabetes can benefit immensely from this herb. It increases the secretion of insulin, which controls the level of sugar in the blood.
- Increases fertility levels in men– Ashwagandha is rich in supplements that raise testosterone levels and sperm count.
- Lowers cholesterol levels– It has anti-inflammatory effects that help improve your cardiovascular health.
Lavender is not just known for its incredible and soothing aroma. It also has a couple of benefits as a natural herb in your cannabis mix;
- Induces sleep– Smoking cannabis laced with lavender is harmless since it contains no traces of nicotine. Take a puff or two about an hour before your regular bedtime. This gives it ample time to sink into your system.
- Reduces stress and anxiety– Lavender’s relaxing properties are responsible for the calming effect on the human mind and body.
- Irresistible aroma– Cannabis consumers understand the significance of this aroma and wouldn’t downplay it. Lavender has something in common with Cannabis; Linalool terpene. The generous presence of this terpene is responsible for the aroma you love to inhale when smoking.
- Useful for smokers who wish to quit nicotine– Lavender becomes more effective when paired up with smokeable medicinal herbs.
4. St. John's Wort
It’s mostly associated with treating and managing mental issues such as depression, anxiety, and nervousness. Cannabis interaction with St. John’s Wart brings along with it some benefits that you should be well aware of;
- Soothes burns– Adding St. John’s Wort to Cannabis oil creates a natural remedy that’s excellent for soothing burns and scalds.
- Effective treatment for depression- Depression ranges from mild cases to extreme ones that become suicidal. Mixing St. John’s Wort with your preferred strain of Cannabis can help treat depression.
- Promotes general wellness– Adding a mixture of St. John’s Wort and Cannabis into your teas is guaranteed to keep stress at bay.
- Can keep your nervous system in check.
If you’re using this mix for the first time, see a certified physician. Know your body’s limitations first before trying out any new strains and mixes.
5. Holy Basil
This is a sacred herb that originates in India and goes by a list of names such as; Rama, Krishna, Tulsi, and Ocimum sanctum. Just like most herbs, the Holy Basil is used to alleviate stress and anxiety.
When combined with Cannabis, it has a wide array of benefits that you can tap into;
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties– Its medicinal properties have seen it treat a couple of conditions effectively. It counters the symptoms of arthritis and bronchitis. It also quickens the recovery process in injuries.
- Neuroprotective properties– Offers protection to nerve and brain cells as it fosters the growth and development of new cells. This function is significant in the treatment and control of Parkinson’s disease as well as Alzheimer’s. When used regularly, Holy Basil strengthens the nerve and brain tissues.
- Act as antioxidants– Body cells undergo untold damages and degeneration due to smoking, poor, and unbalanced diets, and polluted surroundings. Check with your physician before its consumption to avoid over or under-dosing.
- Generally vitalizes and stimulates your body– Holy Basil contains antioxidants that aid in the detoxification process.
- It can prevent cancer– Hinders and reduces the growth of cells that may be cancerous.
Incorporating the herbs discussed above into your life is an excellent way to promote good health. However, always consult a medical professional before consuming medicinal herb in high quantities to avoid harmful side effects.